"Win $250 in gift cards"
1. Eligibility. No purchase necessary. Residents of Quebec and Ontario who have reached the age of majority at the time the contest is launched are eligible (limit of one entry per person).
1.1. Exclusion. Representatives or agents of participating JLS Building Materials stores, their employees, their suppliers, members of their immediate family (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother) as well as their spouse and all persons with whom they reside are excluded from the contest.
2. Submission of entries. For the prize draw, you must complete the form on the JLS Building Materials website at the following link: https://materiauxjls.ca/en/pages/en-concours-et-reglements.
3. Entry details. The contest begins on March 2, 2023 and ends on March 31, 2023. The last entries will be collected on March 31, 2023 at 3:00 pm.
4. Prize Awarding. Winners will be selected by random drawing from among all eligible email entries that have been collected. The odds of being randomly selected to win a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received as of the date of the drawing.
4.1. Prize Details. (1) $250 gift card to any participating JLS Building Materials.
4.2. Specific Prize Conditions. Additional conditions apply to the prize:
- Prize is non-exchangeable, non-cashable, non-transferable and non-negotiable.
- The value of the prize is based on the value in effect at the time the contest is registered with the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux.
5. Designation of winner. The draw will take place on April 1, 2023 at 4:00 p.m. at JLS Bryson Materials, 660 Hwy 148, Bryson, Quebec J0X 1H0.
6. Communication media. The winner will be contacted by telephone.
7. Prize claim. The winner must claim the prize at the nearest JLS store before store closing time within a maximum of ten (10) days after a phone call, which is no later than April 11, 2023 by 5:00 PM. The prize must be accepted as awarded by the winner, without substitution, assignment or other form of transfer. Failure by the winner to claim the prize within the time limit shall release the contest organizers from any obligation to that person arising from the holding of this contest.
8. The winner authorizes the organizers of this contest to use his or her name and image for publicity purposes, and the winner waives all moral rights and assigns to JLS Building Materials and the participating JLS stores all economic rights pertaining to the use or distribution of his or her name or image in connection with the awarding of the prize, without any other consideration.
9. Test. You will be required to complete a mathematical test to obtain your prize.
10. Acceptance of Rules. Participation in the Contest confirms acceptance of these rules and any violation of these rules may result in disqualification.
11. Non-compliant entries. The Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify any person or to cancel one or more entries of any person participating in this Contest or attempting to participate in this Contest by a means contrary to these rules or which may be unfair to the other participants (e.g. entries exceeding the permitted limit, unauthorized reproduction of coupons, excess daily entries, etc.). This person may be referred to the appropriate legal authorities.
12. Acceptance of prize. All prizes must be accepted as described in these rules and may not be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize or exchanged in whole or in part for cash, except as provided in the following paragraph.
13. Refusal to Accept a Prize. The refusal of a randomly selected person to accept a prize in accordance with the terms of these rules, the non-compliance of an acceptance or the absence of an acceptance within the time limit set, releases the Contest Organizers from any obligation related to this prize towards this person.
14. The Contest Organizers reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest in whole or in part in the event of an event, error or human intervention that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or conduct of the Contest as provided in these Contest Rules, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, if required. In all cases, the Contest Organizers, their affiliated and related companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of products or services related to this Contest, as well as their employees, agents and representatives, shall not be held responsible for awarding more prizes than those indicated in these Contest Rules or for awarding prizes other than in accordance with these Contest Rules.
15. Prize Substitution. In the event that, for reasons beyond the control of the winners, the Contest Organizers are unable to award a prize (or a portion of a prize) as described in these Contest Rules, they reserve the right to award a prize (or portion of a prize) of the same nature and equivalent value or, at their sole discretion, the cash value of the prize (or portion of the prize) as indicated in these Contest Rules.
16. Limitation of Liability - Use of Prize. The winner releases JLS Building Materials and JLS stores, their affiliates and related companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives from any and all liability for any damages that may be incurred as a result of the acceptance or use of the prize.
17. Limitation of Liability - Participation. By entering or attempting to enter this Contest, the entrant releases JLS Building Materials and JLS Stores, their affiliated and related companies, their advertising and/or promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives from any and all liability for any damages that the entrant may suffer as a result of participating or attempting to participate in the Contest.
18. Communication with Entrants. No communications or correspondence will be entered into with entrants in connection with this Contest, except with the winners.
19. Entrant Identification. For the purposes of these rules, the entrant is the person whose name appears on the entry form and it is to this person that the prize will be awarded if selected and declared a winner.
20. Precedence. If any section of these rules is declared or found to be illegal, unenforceable or invalid by any competent authority, then that section shall be deemed null and void, but all other sections shall remain unaffected and shall be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by law.
21. Decisions of the contest organizers. All decisions of the Contest Organizers or their representatives regarding this Contest are final and without appeal, subject to any decision of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec with respect to any matter within its jurisdiction.
22. Dispute. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
23. Governing Law. This Contest is subject to the laws of the Province of Quebec.